Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sweetheart Daisies

Hallo,
I am doing a bit of backposting trying to catch up the blog today....You would think I would be all caught up because I had an extra day off (was on call for work sunday night....) but I haven't seemed to get there this week....
I did this card for the wednesday lunchtime challenge for release week over at Flourishes. This challenge was to be inspired by the 'Year of the dragon' - The photo had lots of reds, pinks and oranges in it, and I need to get busy on some Valentine cards sooooo....
Check out all the challenges this week over at Flourishes here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
I used one of the newer to me stamps from Flourishes for this card and colored the gerber daisies with prismacolor pencils.
A few folks on the Flourishes DT used a great combo of pink and craft and I really liked how it looked - so I found some pink DP that matched some of the pinks in my flowers and layered it to a kraft card base (5X7).
I cut out the flower image and the phrase with Spellbinders dies and edged them with gold mettalic pen. Then I added a red ribbon and lots of little red accents (tulip - beads in a bottle).

All for today - :)
Take Care
Tera









2 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Such awesome Valentine-like coloring on thos gerbera blossoms! Perfecct for the inspiration!

Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes Tera!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cold and vibrant in colors, looks wonderful. Thanks for playing in Flourishes challenge.