Monday, February 27, 2012

Irish bookmarks

Hallo,
Well I am up an moving for the day and took a few minutes to finish up these book marks for the current challenge over at the Outlines blog.
The challenge was for 'St. Patty's Day' and you can check it out here - www.outlineswithkathy.blogspot.com
I didn't have any Outlines stamps with an Irish theme so I went all green instead and in more ways than one :)
These coener bookmarks were made all with scraps pulled from my scrap drawer.
They are super easy to make - you start with a 4" X 4" square and fold over 2 corners at the 2 inch mark. Next take a 2 and 3/4 in square and cut it in half - and glue it to the back to hold the fold overs in place. Then decorate.
I used several of Outlines flower stamps and paper piecing to decorate mine - alone with some Spellbinbers dies for the edges.
I embossed them in gold and cut them out and layered them on top of each other.
I like to keep the bookmarks fairly simple, because otherwise they get to thick for the corners of the book.
All for today folks - back to the craft room for me - :) Happy ME!!!
Take Care
Tera




5 comments:

Martha said...

I love your corner bookmarks! Very creative approach to the Outlines St. Patrick's Day challenge.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful Bookmarks ! Very creative ! Shirley

Sue from Oregon said...

Outstanding bookmarks with lovely embossing! They look very Celtic! Thanks for sharing with us at Outlines Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

Kecia said...

These bookmarks are great! I'd be using them year-round, they are so pretty!

I especially like the one with the plaid.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Your bookmarks are wonderful! What a great idea!