Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sit a spell


Hallo,
I have a card for you today for the current challenge over at Impression Obsession's blog - which is for Hello/Hi there.....
Check out the challenge here - http://www.mitrafriant.typepad.com/
The stamp I used is from Impression Obsession and is called - Rocking Chair and is #H1857
Well to me this porch just seems to say 'Sit a spell' which in the south is just another way to say Hello, or Howdy neighbor - come sit a spell :)
When I sit down to color images I am about 50/50 whether I have a paper chosen and color it to match or not, and this time I did not have a DP in
mind when I colored this up.
When I don't color to match a specific paper then I usually spend some time going through my paper stash trying to decide which to use.
Today I thought I would show you the 2 pieces of DP I ended up with and had to decide which to use.
This first paper had the turquoise blue and some gray and looked good ....
Then I found the second one - and It had alot of oranges and some pink in it - well not only did that paper seem to pop a bit more, it also had some pinks and oranges from the picture in it too.
I chose the orange one today but am probably going to color another almost just like it so I can use the other paper too - I may make one of the flowers and the curtains yellow to match the first paper better when I color it next - may add more yellow to the kitty too....
It is still amazing to me how a different DP can change the whole look and mood of an image!!!



Well in my final product I added several ribbons and trim and then added some turquoise pearl drops from a viva decor pen.

All for today - Take Care
Tera





































3 comments:

Shirley said...

Tera, your card is awesome! Beautiful in fact!! I have been loading a new computer and my mind is frazzled, so when I saw your first photo I thought, "This isn't like Tera at all! It must be a different fold, etc." and read further. LOLOL Then I see your lovely card! Wow! I love the painting and the die cut and that DP is outstanding. Thank you so much for playing and good luck in our drawing too!! PS The Viva Decor and lace are gorgeous adds too!

Paula Huiras said...

It just all comes together!
PH

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Tera, I like your choice of DP for this card, very vibrant colours ! Your coloring is beautiful ! Great card !