Saturday, February 11, 2012

Spring Nest

Hallo,
Well my week off work comes to an end today as I work tonight but it has been so very nice - started with the stamp convention last weekend (met lots of great people and got lots of new goodies to play with :), then I managed to get alot of yard work done and a little house work, and alot of quality time in the stamp room :) All good things come to an end.....
It was too cool out for much yard work this am, and windy to boot so I didn't do too much outside, went for a walk with my pooch and cleaned out some of the rain gutters....
Finished off the am with some house work and then went to lunch with my DH. The teenagers were out of the house by 8 am - DD for a softball fundraiser and DS to march with ROTC in one of the local Mardi Gra parades. They both go in about 2ish and DS was off again to spend the night at a friends.
I am headed for a pre-night shift nap here in a couple minutes.....
I did this card for this weeks challenge over at Outlines - www.outlineswithkathy.blogspot.com which is a sketch this week.
I used papers from Blue Bunny and My Minds Eye, a die from Heartfelt Creations (one of my stamp convention goodies) and of course the stamp is from Outlines.
I stamped the image onto some of the DP from one of the packs and then did a bit of light coloring with copics. I will have to say the sketch had me stumped for a bit but the pretty papers made it soooo easy - once I got started!!
All for today - gotta get a nap or 3 AM will be a headbanger (as in bang head against wall to stay awake :) hee hee.....
Take Care
Tera











5 comments:

Cheryl said...

How pretty this is, Tera! Love all the soft colors, and that brown strip in the middle is gorgeous! ~Hugs!

SophiePScrap said...

Lovely card! The doily paper circle and the color scheme are beautiful!

Jenny Gropp said...

I love that you stamped the image on DP and then colored it.... I very rarely do that and it looks so lovely! Thanks for a good reminder! All of the elements come together beautifully on this one and make me ready for SPRING! Nicely done Tera... and already using your new goodies!!!!

Kecia said...

What a gorgeous card! So awesomely colored, and on patterned paper to boot!

The doily looks so wonderful too.

Thanks for playing along in the Outlines Challenge this week!

DJreflections said...

love your colors and the doily.