Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sweetheart

Hallo,
Have you seen the challenges for release week over at Flouirishes? You could win stamp sets and even their entire release!!! Check it out here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
I made this card for todays lunch-time challenge, which was a photo inspiration. The photo was pinks and blacks and had the neatest cameos - I really wanted to add a cameo but didn't have any made up. I have a prety cameo mold but haven't made any in awhile and they do take a bit of time....so no cameo.
I pulled out several sets for this card - the lilacs set and one of my newest sets the Sweetheart set. I stamped the heart, banner and flowers seperatly and colored them with copics. I cut the heart with the matching Spellbinders die and fussy cut the rest and layered them up.
I used a new die cut that I got this last weekend at the stamp convention - from Cheery Lynn.
I added double sided tape to the edges and added some clear glitter for a bit extra foof (accually the glitter was an afterthought when #1 the card needed a touch more and #2 the double-sided tape I used to attach the frame die showed too much....its hard BTW to fit the tape in and around stuff already there.....).

Well I managed to get all the dirt layed into the new tiered up flower beds today - tomorrow I start replanting the bulbs I dug up, and finished weeding one last section. I didn't do as much in the yard today - was a bit sore from monday & tuesday.....I need to do a bit of house work sometime too.....would rather do yard work or just about anything than housework.....sigh.....
All for today - gotta get some super going....
Take Care
Tera









6 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty, Tera! I have GOT to get that stamp set. Every time I see it I like it even more, and you've colored it up spectacularly! Love the new die cut, too!

Jenni said...

Beautiful, love the stamped image!
Jenni x

Diane said...

Very pretty...love all the fussy cut and layers...I need to ink up my new stamp set...after seeing yours, it makes sme want to!! Lucky you to be able to garden..hopefully end of March will be nice enough to work outside~~

Beate said...

Tera, your card looks WONDERFUL! I love how you added glitter over parts of the die cut background to make the center pop.
Thanks so much for participating in the challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Stacy Morgan said...

Awesome... Tera this is beautiful. The way you combined the stamp sets is genious. Purely awesome coloring to top it all off. Love it! Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge.

ChristineCreations said...

I love the lilacs and magnolias in the heart! Really pretty in pink.

To think you're getting flower beds ready....sheesh. We still have snow and won't be planting till MAY!