Thursday, May 10, 2012

Beach Time

 Hallo,
    A quick post this evening as my DH and I are going out for dinner tonight :)
   I had found the cutest frames lately at the thrift store and when I saw this one I immediately thought of my 'Time' set from Flourishes....and then the noontime challenge today at Flourishes was to 'make one for the guys'. Well my guy loves the beach so I combined the 2 ideas.
  Check out the challenges and prizes to be won at Flourishes here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
   The first picture is the before picture.
   For the frame I stamped images from the time set onto the frame with distress powder and then the phrase with black. This was my favorite part of this project - I love how it turned out!!!!
 For the center I took some DP with clocks on it and stamped the beach scene over the top and then colored with copics.
  I like how it turned out but wonder if the clocks in the background aren't a little distracting???? What do you think???
  I had a little time so I tried a second version with the scene stamped onto the neenah desert storm than I have been using alot lately but it turned out a little dark so this version still looked better - and I ran out of time because tomorrow I have another project that needs to get done .....
 
  I may just try another time later over the weekend - we will see.....
If I do another version, do you think I should keep the clocks in a lighter version or just skip the clocks on the main image altogether??
   All for today - Take Care
       Tera

1 comment:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Tera! Love the beach scene! Thanks for joining along with the noon time challenge :)