Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ballet Birdhouse

 Hallo,
   Just a quick post this am before I head off to sleep!!!
   I finished this birdhouse off yesterday after I managed to get my house cleaned (I was such a good girl - now I don't have to clean house the rest of the week!!!! :) - well one or 2 small projects like reorganize one of my kitchen closets ....)
  No stamping on this sweet little birdhouse but it was a fun project. I used an old children's book and a bit of scrapbook paper, foam core, ribbon and a cute little stuffed pink bird and a little wood mouse.
   The cover of the book I used as the roof and then the rest of the birdhouse is foam core covered with pages from the book and a bit of DP.
  I used ribbon for the hanger of the birdhouse and covered the perch for the birdie with pink ribbon too.
  The one side of the book cover had a pouch in it that was empty, so I inserted some pink rhinestones and backed it with a small picture from the pages of the book.
  The birdhouse is about 11 inches tall and about 8 inches wide at the eaves, 6 at the base but thanks to the foam core it is very light. It is definatly an indoor decoration. It is going to the Etsy shop this evening!!!
   Have a great day!!!
        Tera