Monday, June 18, 2012

Little Bear Birdhouse

Hallo,
  I am showing you a fun little project that I did this week.  I had seen this idea some time ago but can't remember where, most recently I saw the idea again in a book I bought called "The repurposed library" by Lisa Occhipinti.
  The birdhouse is made from an old book - in this case and old children's book. I used the cover for the roof and pages from the book to cover the sides (along with some blue DP).
  I used foam core for the sides and bottom and first covered them with several blue patterned papers- then I added some of the book pages and used decopage glue over each side. I glued the sides, bottom and top together with a hot glue gun and then hot glued a thin rope-like twine around the edges and around the 'hole' for the bird. The perch is a popsicle stick covered in the twine.
  I have a big bag of birds that I found at a thrift shop and used a pretty green and yellow one here - along with a mouse for the rooftop that was also in the bag with the birds.
    I was happy with how this one turned out - especially for a first try. I have a few more I want to do so you will probably see more of these!!!
   All for today - Take Care
       Tera







No comments: