Sunday, July 8, 2012

The beauty of winged things

Hallo,
  A pretty mellow Sunday afternoon here - DS is at work at the waterpark, DD is out of town at her ROTC camp in Vermont and DH is out for a ride on the Harley  and I in my craft room a puttering away!!!
   I did this card for the current Bring Back Beautiful challenge over at Flourishes - the theme this month is 'winged things'
Check out the challenges here - www.flourishes.org/blog/ - pre-release challenges are starting too!!!!
   I kept it pretty simple because I really liked how my coloring turned out on the flowers and the birds so I wanted to focus on them - they are such pretty images and so fun to color!!!
I used a backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms - norebook paper - to kinda make this look like a pages from a sketchbook.
  I colored them all with copics and then cut the flowers out with a Spellbinders die and the birds were cut by hand.
  The phrase is from CHF too - old CHF, not re-released yet :)
   All for today - Take Care
                                                                                            Tera

1 comment:

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful card - love the different colours on the hummingbirds!! Thanks so much for playing the Bring Back Beautiful Challenge!!!