Monday, July 30, 2012

Santa's smile

 Hallo,
   Well we had some really cool thunder boomers here this afternoon, not a whole lot of rain out of it here, just a brief intense downpour but  I love a good thuinderstorm anyhow - especially when I can be in my craft room!!!!
  I am getting this challenge in just in time - its a Christmas in July theme for the current FTTC challenge over at Flourishes here- www.flourishes.org/blog/
  With these 2 cards I am now up to 20 Christmas cards done (which is great but I send out about 70 so I have a ways to go...)
  This image is of course from Flourishes - I have a ton of their Christmas stamps!!! I stamped Santa in memento brown onto white and then again onto neenah desert storm and colored with prismacolor pencils.
   I then ran the image through an embossing folder and sponged silver mettalic rub on the texture and the edges - I then layered both to pieces of DP mostly from my scrap bin and some Christmas ribbons.
  It is always fun to see what just a couple simple changes will do with 2 cards that are very similar.
  I also added some silver mettalic accents with a fabric paint tube from tulip.
  All for today - going to try and get some more craft room time as its a busy week in the Fujan household and may not get much more :)
   Take Care
        Tera


1 comment:

Patti J said...

This is gorgeous! You have done a beautiful job of coloring this image-Santa looks so realistic! Thanks so much for participating in our Christmas in July challenge at Timeless Tuesday!