Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wedding Memories

Hallo,
  Just a quick post from Nebraska-land tonight - my DD and I flew here this am to spend some time with family and a family wedding this weekend.
  I have a couple extra projects made up with hopes that they would fit in with a least one or 2 of the release week challenges over at Flourishes.
  Todays noontime challenge was for texture I was happy to discover as this box and memory book set has a bunch of texture!!!
  I used one of the wedding couples from a Flourishes stamp set and embossed it with black. The base paper is a shimmery cream paper that I ran through a texture folder. The black and cream paper is also felted - yum.
  I altered a cigar box to hold the memory book  - both made with matching papers. On the fastener I attatched a small charm that says - 'To love and cherish' . I also used the invitation for my Nieces wedding inside the lid of the box(yes this is part of their wedding gift :).
  I also made a matching card. You can check out this challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
   All for tonight - we have another busy day tomorrow with a tour of the college in Lincoln and the rehersal dinner tomorrow night.
   Take Care
        Tera




2 comments:

Amanda said...

How Beautiful!!! This box looks amazing! I love the way you created it, it's absolutely lovely! You certainly created a beautiful heirloom :)

Thank you for joining in Flourishes Noontime Challenges!
~ Amanda :)

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful set! I love all the pretty details. Thanks for joining along with the noon challenge. :)