Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Worldly Friendship






 

 
Hallo,
  Just a quick note this evening - well Issac has not bothered us hardly at all today - kids are off school, the DH is off work, I was already scheduled off so we just mostly layed around the house today as everything around town is closed down.
  The shelter is closed today too so we wont be bringing our new puppy home today, which would have been fun, but I guess maybe tomorrow or later in the week.....
   I mostly spent the day reading and in the craft room, the kids putzing around in their rooms - believe it or not doing a bit of cleaning (aka puppy proofing :) and DS playing some video games. DH puttered around and even went out to the beach for a bit to see what the waves were like - I was curled up on the couch with a cat and a book and pretty content so I didn't go with him :)
   I did this card up a week or 2 ago and just haven't gotten around to showing you yet - I colored the backgrpound stamp (from Flourishes)with prismacolor pencils on tan paper. The compass I stamped onto white paper and colored with copics so it would stand out a bit - fussy cut it and layered it on top.
  I embossed the phrase (also Flourishes) on top with black embossing powder.
   Well all for today - looks like we may have a couple rain bands from Issac coming our way in the next couple hours....I love a good thunderstorm and am glad Issac is far enough west to not be a worry!!! I hope he doesn't pound those poor folks in New Orleans too bad!!!
   Take Care
          Tera

No comments: