Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yellow peony

Hallo,
  Well its looking like another rainy day here in NW Florida - makes good sleeping :) but before I head for bed this am I will show you a card for the current challenge over at the Impression Obsession blog.
  The challenge this time is a color challenge for yellow and gray and you can check it out here - www.mitrafriant.typepad.com
   I used 2 stamps from IO -CCo77 - cover-a-card ornate floral and F8739 pretty peony.
   I stamped the ornate floral onto the gray base cardstock with gray ink and again onto white cardstock with gray ink. I used the white with gray and cut it out using a Spellbinders die and distressed the edges and inked them with the gray - I inked the edges of the base cardstock with gray ink too.
  I stamped the pretty peony on to white cardstock  twice and colored them both with copics. I used one peony as a base and cut the petals of the second one apart to layer on top of the first one with foam tape.
   I used a rub-on for the phrase and some gray pearl accents with a tulip fabric pen. I accented 2 corners with silver corner stickers and added a very old piece of 70' yellow and orange lace ( I got a roll of this lace about 5 years ago at a garage sale and am slowly using it up :)
   All for today - time to sleep....my house feels very empty today - the kids are back in school and my old pooch is not around to putter around the house trying to get under the baby gate to get to the cats food ....
   Take Care
          Tera


4 comments:

Shirley said...

OMGosh, Tera, that flower is just so lovely. I really like how you layered it and how you used the CACs too! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi Tera! Thanks for stopping by to say Hi and check out my owl card. I really like your card! I just bought the ornate floral CAC. So, I am really excited to see how you used it! Love the the flower too. Good garage sale find-the lace!

Craftyfield said...

Love how you gave dimension to the peony and this ornate CAC background.

Katie said...

Great card! Your pretty peony is so pretty! I love how you created the dimension. Also love how you stamped the background stamp twice, that turned out really nice. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.