Saturday, September 29, 2012

Forest for the trees

Hallo,
  Getting my day started early with some blog time :)
Another set of wax paintings from my class this week - I did these on the griddle  - first by rubbing a wax stick over black glossy paper that was on top of the gridle. Then to do the trees, I made a puddle of copper wax and dipped a rubber stamp into it and stamped right away onto the glossy paper.
  I, as you can see, did a bunch of versions of this as I liked seeing how the different colors looked together....
  I went to the BX (military department store ) and found a griddle for only 30 dollars so I bought it - hadn't seen a griddle of any sort at any of the thrift shops ever..... well would you believe that the next day I made my routine stop at the thrift shop on base and found the exact same griddle used for only 5 dollars!!!! (needless to say - I returned the new one - the one I got at the thrift store looks like it has hardly been used at all!!!)
  Well that was my thrift store find of the week :) Now I can start doing some playing on my own at home - well when I get some wax anyhow, and some more glossy paper, and maybe a small iron, and the hot pointy tool thingy :)
   Well I am starting to see some daylight outside and the puppy is wanting her morning walk - so I guess I had better get a move on :). Both my kids are at an out of town swim meet today - left at 0530 and wont be back till late tonight - I am planning on taking a trip to Micheals today, and Petsmart (my pup has almost outgrown her halter already...) and then take my DH to Outback for lunch!!! And maybe some craft time this afternoon before watching the Huskers play this evening!!
   Have a great weekend!!!
        Tera



No comments: