Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Girly Steampunk Pumpkin

Hallo,
  Do you like Steampunk?? I do - I finished off the last of the steampunk style pumpkins that I had started and got pictures of them yesterday. Too bad I didnt get these done in time for the craft fair because they turned out really cute!!!
  I did take them down to 'Fiddley Bits and Tea' (local artsy consignment shop/tea and lunch place - very cool!!!) downtown and will have them there until after Halloween so maybe some of them will find a good home :).
  I did these with either the fake pumpkins made to carve or chipboard pumpkins - this one was the first. I cut strips of shiny duck tape and placed them at differnt angles and them added some texture and marks with various tools. I them rubbed some ink into the tool marks and edges.
   Then came the fun part - some of the hardware is from DH's odds and ends bucket, but I did go to Ace Hardware and brouse the rows picking up lots of stuff that looked good - those folks thought I was crazy :)
   For this girly pumpkin I used some screen mess kinked into bows and secured with a decorative furniture tack, which I also used on her eyes, copper staples and copper tacks for eyebrows, mouth and earring. I even added an old button to the brass nut that I used for her nose.
   Ok, thats all for this am - puppy says its almost time for her walk (I guess that means I need to change outta my PJ's) and then a bit of yard work and a baby box to finish.
   Have a great day!!!
      Tera




No comments: