Saturday, October 27, 2012

Steampunk Earring Pumpkin

Hallo,
   Well I got in more walking today than I intended on - sometime mid-morning I noticed one of the younger cats was not in its usual sleeping spot (the cats have figured out the doggy door, so the only time I can leave it unblocked is when I am sitting at the computer within sight of the door) Well I got up to make a restroom trip and came back and Shadow was gone - he had been sleeping in the chair next to mine by the computer..... so I searched the back yard quick as I was only gone a few minutes with no kitty, so I searched the house and then a more thorough search of the house(under beds, behind furniture and every hidey hole know to me), shaking the treat jar and then even opening a can of canned food for my old one, which usually brings the younger cats (and the puppy for that matter) running, and still with no Shadow.
   Ok - another massive search of the back yard, then the front yard, then the house again, and then a walk around the block - its been an hour by this time.....DS gets home and he searches the house, back yard, front yard and down the street....2 hours now, I call the animal shelter and give a description to them in case someone finds him. I leave the patio doggy door open  with a bowl of food and the garage door cracked so if Shadow comes home he has some shelter at least  and we met the DH for lunch, DD meets us after taking the ACT exam and is tee'd off at Mom (me) for letting her cat get loose.....
   After a quick lunch I come home, make signs and start walking the neighbor hood - knocked on all my neighbors doors to ask them to keep their eyes open, then knocked on the doors of the folk who live behind us, because through a whole in the fence (which should have been to small for this big fat cat) is the most likely escape route, and then I walk and hung up 3 signs and total all spent about an hour  walking, calling Shadow, Shadow, Shadow......
   DD calls (she is at home trying to do homework) Shadow is not only home but apparently was in the house the whole time - he obviously has a hiding spot that I didn't know about yet.....eyes rolling....I spend another half hour walking to take down the signs I just put up.....
   So another hour and a half walk on top of the 45 minutes with the DH and the puppy this am - I'd say I can skip the exercise bike today :)

  Today's project is another of my steampunk pumpkins - this one is my favorite!!! Between the skull on top and the big hardware for his eyes, he got a bit off balance so that is how he acquired the big ol earring  and the bolt in his lip too :).
  I used a fake carve able pumpkin and a chipboard skull and covered them with strips of shiny duck tape and then added texture with various tools. Then I rubbed black ink into the edges of the tape and the texture. Then the fun begins - adding hardware and doo dads for his face and decorations :)
  I added a silver wintery flower to the side of the skull too :)
   All for today - still have a bit of time I can get into the craft room before we go take homecoming pics with my DD's friends.....and then the Husker game!!
   Take Care
      Tera




No comments: