Thursday, November 1, 2012

Medallion Christmas

 Hallo,
   Well a busy day for me - taught a class up at work this am and then left at noon. My puppy had multiple episodes of diarrhea overnight so need to run a sample up to the vet. My teenagers were home with a late start day at school so the pup wasn't alone all morning - puppy is still eating and active, although not quite as active as usual.
  Found out she has a tummy infection - and from the evidence in her poo, she has been eating kitty poo, which I thought I had broke her of......silly me - so the gate went back up blocking off the kitty litter as well as the food and I put some extra heavy weights behind it this time so the puppy would not be able to push her way through the narrow opening in the closet door that I need to leave for my precious old meow (that's the theory at least...)
   So today's project is for the current challenge over at Flourishes, which is to have part of your stamped image "fall off the page". I used the main image from 'medallion motiff' and a phrase from a retired Christmas set.
   Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
   I first used texture folders on the base cardstock and then sponged ink - darker at the top and leaving some white at the bottom, then I used the same ink to stamp the image and phrase and cut it out with Spellbinders octagon die. As often happens I couldn't decide which texture foldeer and what color I wanted to use so I ended up doing 3 thistime - green, red and blue with swirls, snowflakes and Christmas ornament texture folders.
  I edged the die with gold mettalic pen and then used stickles glitter to add some sparkle and now I have 3 more Christmas cards done :). I really liked hoow these turned out!!!
   Have a good night!!!
      Tera



No comments: