Monday, November 12, 2012

Not just black and white....

 Hallo,
   Well my whole house slept late today (well sort of - the puppy didn't, but I went back to bed - for a bit - after letting puppy out ). The kids were off school and DH off work - I have to get to work tonight though....
   Showing you another of the encaustic pieces I did in my class this fall - this one was done on black paper and is a bit larger than most of the others - it measures 11.5 by 16 inches.
   This one was done with the iron and gold, red and orange wax.
   I put it into a 16 by 20 floating frame which looks cool. This first picture and the last one were taken outside with the piece not in the frame yet, just sitting on top and they show the truest colors. When I put it under the glass the colors tend to go more orangeish and red. But I think the frame makes it look really cool.
  I couldn't decide if I should put a small skinny border on the piece or not  - what I ended up doing was edging 2 sides - left and top with a gold metallic pen and that looks really cool!!!
   I ended up with some good deals on frames at A.C. Moore and Mike's this week - both had frames on sale for 40/50 % off and then had a coupon for 25 % off total sales (even sale items) so I was able to get a bunch of good frames for rather inexpensive. I really hate putting things on my Etsy shop and having to charge a big bunch mainly because of the frame!!!
  I had found some nice looking inexpensive frames at Wal-mart awhile back but they turned out to be very flimsy - and difficult to get the pictures into too - so I will be ditching those!!!
  Well time to try and get a nap - the weather has turned murky and rainy so that will help the nap along :) Hope it rains tomorrow too - I sleep so good when it rains during the day!!!
   Take Care
        Tera
P.S. This painting is up on the Etsy shop.....







No comments: