Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Rejoice

Hallo,
  Well as busy day starting for me today but a quick stop in here for my latest project. I finished this last week and had not shared here yet, so I will use this for this weeks Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes. The challenge this time is to make something that makes you 'Happy'. Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
  Well I really was happy the way this turned out and had alot of fun doing it.
   All the stamps are from Flourishes and the size is 16 by 20 inches.
   I will start with the center which is done on watercolor paper. I used several different watercolor srpays in shades of blue - glimmer mist and some from Zia . I then stamped the pointsettas in the corners with dark blue ink (more for positioning) I stamped the Bethleham and Wise Men scenes and embossed with white.
   For the frame - I stamped the pointsettas in black (again, more for positioning) and then stamped the phrases in gold - Rejoice in the top left corner and Wise men still seek him in the bottom right corner and colored the Rejoice in with a bit of copic marker.
  Then came the poitsettas - I stamped them all onto white cardstock and colored them in with colored pencils - about a dozen of them. Then I cut them out - most of them I used the whole image with the pines, about 6 of them just the pointsetta and then arranged them onto the picture and the frame.
   The last photo shows how I framed it - couldnot get good pictures with it in the frame.....
   All for today - off I go....
      Take Care
            Tera




2 comments:

Karen W said...

Wow this is gorgeous and what a beautiful idea! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Flourishes!

Amanda said...

OH WOW, OH WOW!!! This is the MOST Beautiful Creation I have seen in a Long, long time!! This is Pure art at it's Most amazing!! And to think that you cut out all of those poinsettias - WOW! It adds that extra beauty! I've done all of that fussy cutting like that before and that deserves respect. Respect!! ;)
By the way, you picked my favorite Flourishes Christmas stamp set "City of David" - good choice :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday's "Happy" challenge!!

~ Amanda :)