Monday, November 5, 2012

So hard to say good-bye.....

 I had to say good-bye to my very dear friend Fancy today - she was with me just shy of 22 years.
  She slept next to my pillow, often with her nose tucked into my hand or under my chin.
  She kept me company when my DH was TDY when he was active duty, she mothered me through 2 pregnancies and a couple minor surgeries, she mothered my kids when they were sick (nothing like a warm, loud purring cat to snuggle with when you don't feel well) and she always knew when I needed a bit of cheering up.
  This sweet cat had an almost non-stop purr - she even purred at the vets office and took treats from their hands. I got her in Alaska in January if 1991 and she rode in the card down the Al-can with us and then flew to Germany and back with us - took everything in stride purring all the way.
  I miss her and my heart has a big hole in it this afternoon!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your puss...
She is a beautiful cat, for sure.
I notice that she a tortie...I had a tortie also, with a simular personality and she lived for about 22 years also. Someone told me they were long - (?), so we did get to spend a lot of years with them...again..so sorry for your loss