Sunday, November 11, 2012

Vintage Village

Hallo,
  Happy Veteran's Day!!!
My DH served 23 years, his Dad was a Korean War Vet as well as several of his Uncles (WWII and Korea). My Dad was in the military for a few years and I have several cousins, nieces,nephews and friends that are currently serving in the military. THANK-YOU all!!!
  My project for today started with this cool picture frame I found at a thrift store - it looks like one of the old metal ceiling tiles.
  I decided to use it for the current challenge over at the CHF blog - www.cornishheritagefarms.blogspot.com
  The challenge this time was to use one of our Thomas Kinkade stamps. I love to color and LOVE my Kinkades but decided to not color this time. I stamped it with brown memento ink and cut the image out with a Spellbinders die and edged the panel with copper metallic ink.
  I added some metal corners in an aged copper color (Tim Holtz corners) and embossed the phrase in copper too. I also used a bronze viva decor pen for some accents on the inner corners, on the main image and for the 'pearls' in the center of the flower accents. The viva decor bronze is a real close match to the aged copper color of the metal corners.
  The DP behind the main image is a burgundy red with a slight copper glimmer to it - really pretty.
  I really had a good time with this one. I have another frame just like this one that I did Christmas style too but will show that another time :)
   All for tonight - I went to A.C. Moore today and JoAnn's yesterday and got some frames either on sale or with a coupon so now I need to put together some of the encaustic pieces that I did in class and get them ready to show you all (and for the Etsy shop - todays project will be up on my Etsy shop shortly  too :)
   Take Care
           Tera




1 comment:

TLady said...

GORGEOUS JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOOOOOOOOOVE your frame!!!!!!!!!!! :)I LOVE using things like this!!!!!!!!!!! :) You did a SUPER JOB on this!!!!! :) I'm SURE EVERYONE you know will want you to make them one for Christmas! :)