Friday, December 14, 2012

Purple Candles

 Hallo,
  Well you might be wondering what I am up to lately since I haven't been blogging much - well first I have been trying to finish off Christmas ornaments (the ones with the rhinestone toppers), and trying to get my Christmas cards finished - I missed last weeks Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes and then I missed the last challenge over at Impression Obsession - bummer....
  But I am determined to finish off the bulbs I have before I store them away for the year - because last year I stored them, forgot I had them, and then ought more this year to do - at least this way if I forget then when I find them they will be already done :)
   Then I thought of this great idea to use the topper with old crocheted doilies to make an ornament and went in search of my doily stash - at the same time looking for the 3 cardboard dress forms I have - somewhere - because I had a great steampunk idea for one of those.....but only found 2 doilies- I KNOW I have more but can't get to the boxes at the back of my craft room very easy soooo while I was out and about yesterday, going to Stamp group (since I didn't have to work on our stamp day for once...) I stopped at several of the local thrift stores trying to find some doilies to do up ( 5 total and no doilies - but I found 2 batches of small handkerchiefs that might work - and incidentally a box of vintage white glass ornaments - the older white ones are prettier than the new ones.....and a box of green and white ones, big box, real cheep, couldn't resist.....sigh - I am now up to about 5 dozen ornaments to finish off......sigh....)
   But before I can finish off the ornaments I need to finish my Christmas cards....I was determined not to miss out on the release challenge over at Flourishes also so I did a 2 fer - challenge card = Christmas card....
   The challenge this time was a hop and we picked up our clues on what to include on the card along the way... well that was fun but then I started to put my card together.....I used the colors from the inspiration photo - check - rounded corner/curvy edge and a die cut or punch - check and check - not an A2 sized card - check, its a 5X7 - distressing/sponging - check - floral something aakkk - ok there's a tiny flower on the ribbon - check and ribbon check - tag - AAKKK - tried this and that, and some more this and that and no mojo with the tag thing no no tag for me today - still going to enter anyhow - after all its the spirit of the challenge that counts right :) - besides it is now 2 pm and it has to be loaded by 4 pm, I have a couple presents to wrap and a couple packages to get ready to mail tomorrow and I have only gotten 1 Christmas card done today - whew - I had better get busy!!!!
  Is anyone else as disorganized as I am lately??
  Check out the new sets and the release challenge over at Flourishes here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
  Have a great weekend - I work so I may not be back here until monday....
   Take Care
        Tera


2 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Beautiful frame Tera surrounding those beautifully colored candles. I love how you took this challenge and were still able to make a Christmas card -- very creative and stunning results! :-)

ChristineCreations said...

Love these candles in purple Tera! This is so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes!