Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Gratitude

Hallo,
  Well this card didn't turn out like I had envisioned but I am out of crafting time for the day and need to get my pre-work nap .....its been one of those days, I was a bit late gettting puppy out the door for her walk and a quick trip to the vet for her heartworm test so late getting in for a shower....the phone rang twice during my shower, one I answered and one I called back, then when I met the DH on base (not the closer one but the one across town) to get my ID renewed the place was closed....came home to get some pictures of some ornaments I had done and dropped one and broke it.....ah well....
   Anyway - I did this card for the current Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes - www.flourishes.org/blog/ which is for something 'new'
  I used one of my newest stamp sets from Flourishes. I stamped it onto neenah desert storm and lightly colored it with copics. I had planed on the light coloring to make the phrase show up when I stamped over the top of the image. I used memento brown thinking it would be dark enough but it wasn't - hardly showed at all. So to fix that I pulled out a piece of vellum and stamped/embossed with black to lay over the top. I thought the image would show behind it a bit better....so the piece of vellum covers up the image more than I would like...but you can see the image a little better IRL than in the photos so I guess its ok (although I may have to do up another and use black ink on the phrase this time.
  I used an embossing folder to frame the image and sponged it with walnut stain ink. Some lace, a ribbon, some DP and some bronze viva decor pen drops finish it off.
   Check out all the fun at Flourishes this week - release week challenges and prizes too!!!
   Take Care
        Tera


3 comments:

Allison Cope said...

A fabulous card Tera! I love the vellum over your image with the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with our Flourishes "Timeless Tuesday Challenge". Make sure you check out our "Love Letters" challenge - you could win our entire January release!!!

Cheryl said...

Wow! Tera, this is beautiful! Don't you love it when a mistake turns out to be the inspiration for something fab! The torn vellum, embossed on the edges looks amazing!

Denise Marzec said...

Great card. Love your use of vellum! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC. :)