Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wedding Charms

Hallo,
  Well its going to be a long day - just got off work and am planning on staying up at least until this afternoon....first I am going to run and get my new glasses, then I have an instructor orientation for a class I am teaching evevry friday for the next couple months - Coloring for cardmakers - with the local volunteer organization Center for Lifelong Learning. Next I am going up to the HS to order my kiddos ROTC photos.....then I will get a bit of sleep(course by that time I might just sleep on through the night....)
   I have been doing a few of these wedding charms/Christmas ornaments - once I did the first one I wanted to try a few others.
  The stamp is from Flourishes and I embossed it onto the glass ornament with silver, gold and vintage photo distress powder.
   I used a piece of lace that used to be a curtain (found at a thrift store for only a buck for 2 of them). I glued the lace to the back with chrystal laquer because it dries nice and clear.
  I edged the edges with gold or silver mettalic pen and finished the hanger off with a bow and a ribbon. In the case of the gold and vintage photo ones I used the trim from the bottom of the curtain for the bows and with the silver one a beaded trim from my stash.
    I have a few more ornaments in the works - not sure if they will be wedding ones or what but I took pieces of the lace and died them with glimmer mist before I glued them to the ornament.
  Not sure how much crafting time I will have this weekend - tomorrow I am getting a tooth pulled so we will see how much of a wimp I am with that - At worst I hope for some comfy couch time reading a good book!!!
  All for now - good keep moving if I am going to stay awake this am and puppy is ready for her walk(well she was ready when I walked in the door... :)
   Take Care
         Tera





1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a fab idea, Tera! I love how you backed them with lace. Beautiful!