Sunday, January 6, 2013

Wedding ornament or charm

Hallo,
  Just a bit of blog time to unwind from a very busy night at work - anyone know where I can get a pair of turbo charged rollar skates? :) yup just a teeny bit busy....
   Well this is another of my projects from saturday with a wedding theme - I was thinking for a couples first Christmas but it would be cute as a wedding decoration or charm too.
  I used the flat glass ornament again - this time I started out by taking a piece of lace and glueing it to the back with chrystal laquer. The lace is from an old curtain that I found at a thrift shop for only a buck :).
  On the front I used a stamp from Flourishes and embossed it in black. I edged the ornament with a gold mettalic pen and used a gold ribbon for the hanger.
  It was hard to get a good picture of this one but it turned out so prretty and looks great with some light behind it!!!
  The thrid picture is of the back so you can see the lace better.
  I am entering this in the current tuesday challenge over at Flourishes - which is to pick a tuesday challenge from last year and do it again so I used FTTC #200 which is of course to make an ornamnet or something 3D. Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
  Its release week at Flourishes to be on the look-out for more challenges and great prizes as well as great new stamps!!!!
  Ok - off to bed with me, one more night to go!!!


3 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, your wedding ornament is gorgeous! Love it! Hugs

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! The lace is such a great texture and addition for the ornament. Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

Amanda said...

What a Perfect Ornament!! I love this idea of making it to give to a newly wedded couple as their first Christmas ornament! What a fantastic idea, and I love that pretty (and wonderfully cheap) dollar store lace - Great use of ingenuity :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!
~ Amanda :)