Saturday, March 30, 2013

Locker Hook addict....

 Hallo,
   Welcome to saturday morning - the DH and I took puppy for her walk, had a bit of breakfast and now I am sitting at the computer trying to decide what to do next.....can you guess what the most likely next activity will be ?:)
   Puppy got really long walks the last 2 days and I did yard work the last couple days too...its a beautiful morning so might head out to the yard again for a bit (once summer hits Florida the yard work is not nearly as much fun - waaayyy to HOT!!)
  I really should clean house but its the end of spring break week here and I have a feeling that if I clean today, I will have to do it all over again on Monday....so I have decided to leave it until Monday....even though both the kids are working today.....any excuse to avoid house work :)
  I work tonight and tomorrow night so really am feeling a bit lazy today .....
  Showing you some pictures of my latest locker hook project - I spent about 2 hours cutting fabric strip for the yellows yesterday....each of the flower petals will be a different but repeating shade/pattern - this first flower in more goldish yellows. I am planning for each flower to be a slightly different shade and then the background that is left will be in teals and turquoises....
  This is another big one - 30 by 36 with 5 squares per inch so my strips are 3/4 inch wide... I am planning for this one as a wall hanging....
   I already have an idea for another one with a similar theme......since I seem to have plenty of fabric....wasn't sure how much I would need....
  I am planning for some fun additions to this one too - like some fun furr yarn poofing from the centers of the flowers and maybe some white funfurr clouds....could be fun :) And I am thinking I may have some fringe around the edges - maybe in yellow.....
   Well all for now - going to head outside for a bit.....
   Have a great weekend  and Easter Blessings to all!!!
             Tera



No comments: