Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Flowers for you

Hallo,
  Just a quick note before I head off to sleep for the day - busy night at work so a quick walk for my puppy and a bit of destress computer time for me :)
  I finished this card yesterday for the current challenge over at Imperession Obsession which is for 'flowers' Check it out here - www.mitrafriant.typepad.com
   The stamp I used is from Impression Obsession of course and is called Wild Sweetheart Rose H8889.
   I colored it with prismacolor pencils and blended the background with mineral spirits. I cut the main image and the next layer with Spellbinders labels dies. (the second layer is the cut out piece from yesterdays card :)
   I spent some time trying to find DP for the background on this card - was looking for pink, something distressed and vintage-ish and nothing looked right, then happened to try the black with pinkish swirls and it really looked dramatic.
   I added some gold sticker corners and some pearls , 3 layers of ribbon and a paper bow from my stash .
  The paper bow is an Accu cut die designed by my friend Vicki - www.vickichrisman.blogspot.com (I may have to get that die - I seem to have used up almost all of the small bow that I got from Vicki...)  
Well thats all for me this am - off to bed with me and back to work tonight....
    Take Care
         Tera

6 comments:

Shirley said...

OH MY GOSH!! Tera, your card is just so lovely! Every detail just really plays with and off the others. Wonderful! Thank you so much for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

oh... Tera.. you do such beautiful work! Thankyou so much for showing off my bow die with your beautiful card designs.

Diane said...

Very pretty, and beautiful job of blending the flowers!!

Larissa Heskett said...

Beautiful Card!! I LOVE the Design and the FUN Colors!! Great take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful work. The colourful flower pops right out.

Katie said...

Really pretty coloring of the flower and background. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.