Monday, April 8, 2013

Layered ribbons

 Hallo,
   Well it has been a busy couple of weeks and even though I haven't posted as much as I usually do that doesn't mean I haven't been crafting :).
I have been working on my latest locker hook rug and trying to start organizing my craft room in preperation for moving it into my DD's room at the end of the summer (belive me, if we start in late June I may be done sometime near Christmas....I really hope sooner but boy this is going to be a project!!!!)
  My DD is a Senior this year so ther has been more and more to do as we get closer to graduation (speaking of that - I have to get the graduation announcements out this week....)
And my DD's HS hosted a weeklong softball
tournament last week which kept her and I very busy...and our HS is also hosting the District tourny too which I think is in 2 weeks....
  My Puppy and I have been taking long walks in the woods alot lately (while the weather is still so nice and cool :) she LOVES it - where I go is far enough off the road and such that I can let her off the leash - she covers about 3 times the milage as I do chasing squirrels and rabbits and occasionally deer.
   ANYWAY - Todays card is for the current Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes which was to use at least 2 ribbons. I used 3 ribbons and the main image from the "Joy is in the Air" set from Flourishes.
   I colored it with prismacolor pencils and cut it out with a Spellbinders ornament die - layered it to some Christmas paper and 2 wintery ribbons and a third ribbon to match. I accented with some gold liquid pearl drops (tulip fabric paint....)
   Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/ - and the April release week challenge is up and ready to play along too (look for mine tomorrow :)
   And did you see - the gals at Flourishes are hosting a class coming up Saturday April 20th!!!! It looks like so much fun. But I have family in town that week - my DH and his friend Mike are going to one of the dinners during the Doolittle Raiders Reunion. We don't get a chance to hang out with these guys much so I am hoping Jan Marie has more classes this summer so I can go hang out with the crew of one of my all time favorite stamp companies!!!
   All for today - I should do a bit of house cleaning yet today.....or maybe I will just sneak back to the craft room.....
   Take Care
         Tera


No comments: