Saturday, May 11, 2013

Accents in black

 Hallo,
   A rainy saturday here in NW Florida - we got back from a nice long walk the DH, puppy and I and soon after it started raining. As I got all my cleaning chores done earlier in the week and the rain cancelled my yard chores, I headed to the craft room. Believe it or not I am almost through with the massive Christmas ornament project that I started before Christmas.....
   I also finished off this card for the current Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes which was to use something black, black accents. Check it out here - www.flourishes.org/blog/ - play along and you could win all 4 of the stamp sets in this last weeks new release - like I did with the  release challenge this time around!!!! :) Happy, Happy,Happy ME!!!!
   I stamped the dress form (Flourishes of course) onto some pale yellow DP - the back side was used to cut the flower rosettes and the corner accents - it has a differnt pattern and a darker yellow.
   I colored the dress form with prismacolor pencils and fussy cut it out . The black frame, corner accents and the 'cut-and-fold' shapes are all Spellbinders dies.
  I also used a black ribbon and some black pearl drops made with a tulip fabric paint pen(I accidently smeared the one corner a bit - wanted to get a picture while the rain let up and I also needed to get my pre-night-shift nap in so I was in a hurry :( hopefully its not too noticable.....
   All for today - off to work....
        Have a great weeknd!!!
                 Tera


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous and elegant! I love how you colored the dress form and intricate detail.

Karen Amidon said...

Love the composition. The black frame with the damask background is the perfect touch to show off your Flourishes Dress Form stamp!