Sunday, May 5, 2013

Beautiful Roses

Hallo,
  It was such a beautiful morning for our walk this am - warm and no wind, really nice. Then as we headed back from our walk I noticed some clouds building but didn't think much of it - after all I do live in Florida, which means if you stop everything just because it 'looks' like it might rain then you would never get anything done and more than half the time the clouds go poof and no rain anyway.  Only not this am - I got in about an hour of yard work and the wind kicked up and the rain came - it rained about and hour and now it is sunny again but still windy.
   While it was raining I got a shower, so now I am headed for the craft room - one challenge card and a passel of graduation cards to make.....
   Just a quick stop here to show you a card I finished off yesterday using the release challenge colors over at Flourishes - check it out here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
  I just loved these colors and was in a kinda vintagey mood anyway - these colors are perfect for a bit of vintage style :)
   The main image is of course from Flourishes and colored with prismacolor pencils and cut out with a Spellbinders die and edged with walnut distress ink. I used another piece of the brown with pink core paper I had near my desk - it already had the embossing on it so just had to sand it off a bit.
   The DP and the 2 little paper embelishments both come from the same paper pack and a green cardstock base this time.
   All for today - better get going on grad cards - also wanted to start another locker hook rug that my DD asked for to take to college with her :) so I had better get started.
   Take Care
      Tera


6 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Another really pretty card Tera! I love the look of the pocket on the paper too!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very shabby feeling with the distressing and great little pocket on the front. So very pretty. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge this week.

Unknown said...

Tera, this is so beautiful! I love the coloring medium you used. A lot of wonderful details throughout the card! Thank you for playing along at the FLLC May Release Challenge.

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oooh, this one is just gorgeous too, Tera! You have a real knack with the Prismacolors! Thanks again for playing along with Flourishes!

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful creation! I love the distressed vintage feel to this! Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

Silke Ledlow said...

Another BEAUTY!!! The little pocket on the side is so neat! Thanks for crafting a second card for the challenge :) !!!