Monday, May 20, 2013

Blue Pointsetta and a morning walk...

 Hallo,
   First some pictures of todays card and then some photos from my morning walk with my foxy puppy.
  The card is for the current Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes which was a color challenge to use blue and green.
   I colored up this pointsetta stamp - from Flourishes - with prismacolor pencils and colored the pointsetta blue and the berries a teal blue and the pines a blue green, then the leaves in green and olive greens.
   I found some Christmas DP with a light blue background - with brown reindeer - and added a brown ribbon used brown cardstock for my base.
  I used a dark blue ribbon to match the center of the pointsetta and added some light blue rhinestones too.
   Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog

  Well summer has definatly arrived here in NW Florida - up until the last couple days it had been fairly cool in the mornings and not much humidity but no more. By 730 when I got out to one of our favorite walking spots it was already 80 and very humid.
  Miss Kyna LOVES our walks in the woods - she is always running full tilt after squirrels, rabbits and the occasional deer and today was no exception, except she needed a rest break and some water about 20 minutes into our walk (almost halfway) which she never does ...but then again the 'rest' break was all of about 1 minute. When we got down to the water she was very happy to get in and it only took her a minute before she decided that the water felt good enough that she was soon swimming(after she chased away some birds :).
   On the way back we ran into the little snake in the last picture - or rather I came upon it and Kyna was out in the woods. Yes it is a rattlesnake - not sure if it is a pygmy or a baby - it was only about 6 inches long and less than a quarter inch wide at its widest - didn't have much of a rattle, but I wasnt going to get any closer than I was - which was about 3 feet away - amazing how much I can zoom in with my phone camera.
  I have seen these a couple times over the years down here - but never out in the woods - have seen 3 or 4 in town near wooded areas - 2 of which were already dead from getting run over on the street. Guess I will have to keep my eyes peeled on high power from now on...
   All for today - time for a nap as I have to work tonight.
     Take Care
          Tera




SQUIRRELS!!!!!








BIRDIES!!!!!







AAHHH - Coool Water





YIKES!!!!




1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

Good for you for starting on your Holiday cards! So glad you joined us at Flourishes! Love the puppy pics.... not so much for the snake, lol!