Monday, July 8, 2013

Hero

Hallo,
  I had fun making this card :) - I did it for a challenge over at Stamp TV which was to make a patriotic card but not to use red or blue.
   Well my DD is going to college this fall with an Army ROTC scholarship so I decided to use army type colors.
   First I used several inks and sponged the camouflage background onto a gray paper.  Then I took out Gina K's 'masculine tags' set for the stamps. This set coordinates with one of the Spellbinders labels die sets so I used the largest die in the set to cut a layer from map paper.
  I stamped the label stamp twice - once with olive green onto tan paper and once onto gray paper and embossed in black.
   I cut the green/tan layer with a Spellbinders die and the next layer I fussy cut around the wings portion - leaving a bit of cardstock so I could edge it with silver metallic pen.
   I embossed the phrase in silver and then layed out all my layers......well the start needed a bit of something so I stamped the stamp again onto the camouflage paper and just cut out the start portion....the camo paper wasnot long enough so I cut it sideways and even though the portions lined up you could see the line so I started looking for some ribbon to match - brown didn't look good, anything gray or tan I had was of the lace variety so that didn't work  but then the light bulb went off :) - love it when it does that!!!! I had some military paracord that would work - even in tans and gray :) so I cut a section and then took out the center strings and used it as my ribbon and a little accent below the star....a few pearl accents with a bronze viva décor pen and all done.....
   Well I guess I had better get a move on and get out for my morning walk and do some of the housecleaning that I neglected all last week......and the sooner I get at it the sooner I can get to the craft table.......
   Have a great week!!!!
       Tera


No comments: