Friday, July 26, 2013

Six for six challenge

 Hallo,
   A hot, hot day here in NW Florida and amazingly  enough not a drop of rain - I can't  even remember how many days it has been where we didn't get some rain....
   Puppy is restless even though she got a walk this morning after I got home from work and another short one just a bit ago - the short one just seemed to prime the generators on my little energizer puppy though....
   Todays card is for the last of the Birthday challenges over at Flourishes - check it out here - www.flourishes.org/blog . You still have plenty of time to join in and maybe win some Flourishes goodies :)!!!
  Todays challenge was a 6 part one - sketch - check,  colors - check, embossing - check, favorite stamp from Flourishes - check (as they are pretty much all my favorite) - now here is where it gets sticky - bling and ribbon - check but wasn't totally happy and not sure it 'works' (I took and old button and embossed it with old gold embossing powder and then tried many times to tie a bow with this ribbon , because the colors matched, and ended up with a loop instead.....I wonder if having only 4 hours sleep interfered with my bow tying abilities.....)
   I embossed the darker teal piece with dots and sanded off and to add a bit to the DP under that I used a sewing tool run through teal ink to make the faux stitching ....
   Well - my house is kinda a mess and I am thinking about getting in the pool for a bit (which the way this summer has been means it will probably start thundering about now....) so I had better get off the computer and get in gear....
   Have a great day!!!!
          Tera



4 comments:

TLady said...

LOVELY CARD!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL PAPERS!!!!!! AND I LOVE your color choices!!!!!!:)

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love your feminine take on the challenge Tera!!! This is one of my favorite set's too and you've made it look awesome!!! Thank you for celebrating with us...hugs ~S~

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous card! Love the colors and design!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh I like these colors and of course this image is a favorite. Beautiful card Tera! Thanks for playing along with Flourishes Challenge!