Tuesday, July 9, 2013

StampTV CSS July sketch hop


Hallo,
   Welcome to another Gina K CSS hop - this time we are all using this great sketch and using sets from December 2012 through May 2013
   I just squeezed some mula outta the budget and got a couple sets I have been wanting - the set I used today is 'Posterboard Sentiments' from Gina K of course.
   If you are following along the hop then you came from Miesje  http://miesdf.blogspot.com/2013/07/css-sketch-blog-hop-7-9-2013.html   and I am sure she had some great inspiration for you!!
     I am last on the list this time around so just make sure you leave some sweet comments along the way because we will be drawing a random winner of a grab bag of Gina K products - check for the announcement on Tuesday the 16th.
  As usual I couldn't decide what colors I wanted to use so I ended up with 2 cards - I love how you can get such different looks with the same sketch !!!
   The base cardstock for both of my cards is Gina K pure luxury - sweet corn.
  For the first card I turned the sketch a bit. I cut the top 2 layers with Spellbinders dies and added some pearl drops  with a viva décor pen and added a charm from my stash - I added 2 ribbons one is yellow to match the base cardstock (it looks darker here though...) and one that had the blue and green in it.
   For the second card I used the same dies and did a bit more distressing to the edges and curled 2 of the corners. I used the yellow ribbon again with a similar ribbon to the first card only different colors. I also used a viva décor pen too and a corner charm.
   All for tonight - hope you enjoyed our hop!!!
       Take Care
           Tera



29 comments:

Cheri said...

GREAT way to make the most out of one stamp, Tera!! I loved that touch of rolled corner on your birthday card. Nice touch.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Both cards are terrific , Tera! It is amazing that they look so different, and both are equally beautiful.

Robin said...

Very pretty cards! Love the ribbon.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

very pretty cards!

Joni said...

Interesting colors.

Kitty said...

Both of your cards are beautiful but the colors in your first card really caught my eye

Blessings,
Kathleen

mermaid fenicia said...

Those are nice cards ^_^

Andrea said...

Beautiful cards love the little die cut hat such a neat aded extra. The brown cards are my favourites

Sharyn Polesel said...

Two equally beautiful cards! Love to see how different the cards can look with a change of colors.

Kay S said...

These are both so pretty! I love the color combos on each one!

Lori said...

Both cards are pretty Tera!!!

joy said...

Two very different cards - love all the colors and how you have turned the sketch!

Susan White said...

Wow!! two cute cards and so very different using the same stamp!!

Judy Inukai said...

Wonderful cards. Great demonstration of how the same stamp and elements can create two totally different cards. The brown one would make a great guy card.

Cat Tidwell said...

Such awesome little touches make these creations so wonderful!

redwasher1 said...

Both cards are awesome! Love the colors.

Nana Griffin said...

Pretty cards, both of them.

Unknown said...

Great cards! Love all the textures and colors. Wonderful take on the sketch.

Unknown said...

Great cards! I love seeing 2 different ones using (almost) the same stamps! TFS!!

Tricia T said...

I'm glad you used this set. I don't remember seeing it before!

ET said...

Pretty details and ribbons.

Pat said...

Great cards! Love the colors!

Cherry Blossoms said...

That's a pretty yellow hat on the fabulous card!

Carole R said...

Both cards are very nice but I think I like the brown one best.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your concept used for the sketch! Both of your cards are awesome!

Carol said...

Great vintage look cards!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Betty Neville said...

Two fabulous cards, Tera! Love your color combos, and your little details!

Karen Hightower said...

Both of your cards are wonderful. Love the colors you used.. :)

Barbara said...

I love that you turned this sketch around and I love your color choice.