Thursday, August 1, 2013

Baby boy

 Hallo,
   Busy day here in Florida land and it only rained twice today for  a couple short showers.
  Yesterday was a busy one - worked Tuesday night and it was a doozy (kicked my butt - very tired when I got home) slept 4 hours and had to run a couple errands including getting a chipped tooth fixed but today was a whole new day :)
  Puppy and I went for a long walk and then the kids and I ran errands, then I finished off this box and memory book combo for an Etsy order. Then my DD and I managed to get the big long white dresser into her room - so my craft room is officially born :) - course it will be another week or so before anything else gets moved in there but its the beginning :)
   I did this box for a request off my Etsy shop. I love making these combos, they turn out so cute.
   This is a bigger box than I usually use but my client wanted something a bit on the bigger side. This was an unfinished wood box that I got at Mike's (aka Michaels).
   I first covered it with cardstock that I had run through a texture folder with gears on it - sanded the paper to show the white core and then rubbed ink over the texture to make it show up even more. I used  a teal blue on the outside and brown on the inside. I then used some DP, ribbons, buttons and die cut letters to decorate.
   The main image is from 'My Favorite Things' and is colored with prismacolor pencils. I layered the main image to a Spellbinders die cut and then used some teal viva décor pen for accents.
   The memory book is a 6X6 inch chipboard book from Tim Holtz and I used matching DP's from the same pack to cover the pages.
    All for today - I have another boy box in the works that I hope to finish off tomorrow....we will see as DD wants to go shopping for school/college stuff. We have plenty of time once we get her up to Nebraska as I allowed a week to visit family and bum around getting to know her way around but she is a lot like me in that  "I just want to get it all done and not have to worry about it" (problem is, I am not sure how much room she has in her car :)
   Take Care
         Tera


No comments: