Thursday, September 26, 2013

Beachside

 Hallo,
   Not as much time at the craft table as I would have liked but did get this frame done up :).
  I have had this frame for awhile now, wanting to do something beach themed for the pictures so its been waiting on a pile near my desk, among other piles :)
   On top of the frame was a baggy I discovered of stamped, colored and cut out seashells (Gina K stamps) that I had extra from a birdhouse project I did a couple years ago - found these in the big move and purge :)
   Then yesterday when I was looking through some of the encaustic wax pieces I did in class the last couple weeks, I pulled out a wax piece I did in last years class and it had a nice beachy feel to it - I had used blues and golds and then embedded a piece of cheesecloth into it and then added a couple small shells and a starfish charm.
   So now what to do for the other opening of the frame.....
   The challenge this week over at Flourishes is to use 'dots' to color your background and/or image  (also known as pointillism ) which I hadn't done in a long time so I pulled out my beach set from Flourishes and made up a little scene. I colored it with copics and then backed both pieces with navy blue.
   Check out the challenge over at Flourishes here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
   Not too much new here - did a bit of house cleaning, went and picked up a couple things from the store - for me and for a care package for DD, dropped some stuff off over at the thrift/consignment shop on base, ran over to hang out with some stampin friends for a bit at our biweekly stamp group, puppy got her walk this am and that is about it for my day - other than a bit of couch time after super,  either coloring or working on my latest locker hook rug....
     Have a good evening ya'll....time for me to think about getting some super on the table.....
     Take Care
           Tera
  




1 comment:

Allison Cope said...

Wowsers Tera! What a stunning frame! I love that all the goodies you found incorporated into the design so well. Great job on the pointillism - your beachy scene looks divine! Thanks so much for joining us this week for Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday Challenge! Wait 'til you see what we have coming up NEXT WEEK! *wink wink*