Sunday, December 15, 2013

Glitter Snowflake

 Hallo,
   My second post for the day - trying to catch up on a challenge or 2 and this one is for the current one over at Impression Obsession and is for 'snow'. Check out the challenge here - www.mitrafriant.typepad.com
  I just got the snowflake die from IO this week and I must say that I am impressed how detailed it is - I didn't realize when I ordered it that it had so many layers but it is very cool!!!
  I cut out the snow flake from a pretty paper from Paper Temptress called 'vintage silver luster' which is a white with silver shimmer and swirls to it.
  Once I cut out the snowflake from IO, I took a couple of the layers and attached them to sticker paper and then covered the rest of the sticky side with teal glitter. Then I covered that with a clear laminating sheet and added pearl drops with a viva décor pen in teal and edged the panel with silver metallic pen.
  The base cardstock is another beautiful paper from Paper Temptress called - 'silver pearl linen' and I used the teal pearl drops again.
  It all makes for a really shimmery and glittery card that doesn't show up near as well in my photos.
   The last couple photos show my Christmas cactus - he is blooming right on time :)
   Have a good night!!!
          Tera




2 comments:

Katie said...

Pretty card!! Your christmas cactus is really pretty too! Love your glittery technique. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Greta said...

Oops--put my comment on the wrong post. Gorgeous cards, all of them!