Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Steampunk Clara

Hallo,
   Just a quick note before I go off to sleep for the day (after working night shift) I just had to show you this sweet little project I finished off yesterday.
  The main image is from Sweet Pea Stamps by Charmaine Flannery , called Clara. She is available both as a rubber stamp and a digi - www.sweetpeastamps.com
  I had planned for her to be a card but I had all day Sunday as it rained and poured here and I have been wanting to make some of my Sweet Peas into charms for quite awhile so that's how she started.
  Clara was colored with prismacolor pencils and then I cut her out to fit this brass colored charm and glued her down - and covering her - with crystal lacquer - adding some blue seed beads around the edge.
  Somewhere in there I decided she needed to be a necklace and so I made up the drop charm from an old earring. Sanded it and covered it with a new project from Ice Resisn - which is very simple to use and is almost like embossing powder. And then I glued on the gears with the crystal lacquer.
  While they dried I dug into my long neglected stash of beads and jewelry stuff, and dug and dug......amazing how much stash I can have and not have just what I needed to make the vision in my head come true.....
   Alas I ended up starting another project because I didn't want to go out in the rain, late on a Sunday evening to look for beads and chain.....I went today instead and came home and put her together.
The sky clear somewhat from the days murkiness for a few pics and then I was down for my pre-work nap - or attempted anyhow as someone called me and woke me just as I was falling asleep and then I couldn't get back to sleep......
   Oh well it was a busy night and so I should sleep good today - nighty, night.....
        Tera






No comments: