Thursday, March 20, 2014

Steampunk Stella

 Hallo,
    Another Steampunk project for you today - I started this over my rainy weekend off and finished it off this morning.
  The image is a digi from Sweet Pea Stamps called 'Clara' by Charmaine Flannery and I colored her with koh-i-noor pencils and cut her out with a Spellbinders die.
  This image is also available as a rubber stamp - www.sweetpeastamps.com
  Once I had the main image cut out and the layer under her I used some great distress products on both . I used sepia glaze on the image and the black frame that's fits the die cut. For the layer underneath I used a metallic crackle paint.
  While those were drying I covered a cigar box with papers from Tim Holtz - an old map piece and a piece with goggles on it to match the goggles she is wearing and some other papers from the same pack. and then edged the top with some of the same crackle paint ( I did the inside lid with paper and the crackle paint too)
  When everything was dry I put it all together - some gray lace ribbon with some green walnut spray died ribbon next, then my image layers and the flowers, some pretty brass colored decorative corners and lastly my little steam machine contraption .
  My little contraption started with an old earring (its match I used for the necklace in the previous post :) - I sanded it a bit and added some gears in the center, then glued it on top of 2 bigger gears to look like wheels - with more small gears in their centers, and lastly the little light bulb which is also a Tim Holtz product I believe.
   The bottom inside is lined with felt and then I added old metallic drawer pulls for feet on the box.
       All for today
          Take Care
                  Tera
 




No comments: