Monday, March 17, 2014

Sweet Irish

 Top of the mornin to ya,
   Happy St, patty's Day Everyone!!!
I have always loved all stuff Irish and its fitting that it is a sweet smelling rainy day here - why, well that is how I best remember Ireland!! While we were stationed in Germany I took English riding lessons at a local stable with a few other American women, and we got to talking about taking a horseback riding trip together. Well we settled on Ireland and in the end no one else could go, but the DH had said 'go ahead' so I went anyway.....AWESOME!!!! Well the next year us gals planned again and the DH said 'go ahead - it was cheep enough (15 years ago mind you) and its our last year here' so I went and this time one other gal from the stable also joined me and it was even better than the first trip - even if we got rained on almost every day.
  I love the horses, I love the people and the accent when they talk, I loved the food, the scenery is incredible and in my opinion best seen on horseback!! And I will always remember the fresh, wonderful smell of fresh air in the rain and the smell of a peat fire on the breeze - one day it was a bit cooler and we came up over a hill and the cottage at the bottom had a peat fire going and it was wonderful - I even came home with small 1/4 inch squares of peat to burn (like incense ) but sadly ran out years ago even though I hoarded it forever!!
   Anyhow - my card for today features a Sweet Pea Stamp - are ya surprises ? :)
This lovely is called 'Griselda and Mr.Binx' by Norma Burnell - one of her fairy tangles and of course I colored her in many shades of green with my prismacolor pencils.
  You can find her here - www.sweetpeastamps.com as both a rubber stamp and a digital image.
  The flowers( white paper flowers) were inked with distress and memento inks and spritzed with water and the top green ribbon is from my garage sale ribbon stash and was a light ivory and was spritzed with green walnut stain and then rubbed with a bit of memento bamboo and spritzed again.
  I cut her out using an out-of-the-box technique and the layer under her both with Spellbinders dies.
  I used a gold viva décor pen for the pearls and some gold stickers for the corners.
   All for today - a bit more house cleaning to do, an errand to run and then I hope to get some craft room time before my pre-work/night shift nap.....
   Have a great day!!!
       Tera
 

No comments: