Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mermaid Briefcase

Hallo,
  I finished off this cool briefcase yesterday using 2 mermaid images from Sweet Pea Stamps - they have them both in digital and rubber stamp form.
  Check them out here - www.sweetpeastamps.com
  The first one is by Norma J Burnell called 'Rayne' and the second is called 'Kiara' by Elaine Cox.
  I took a used, but still in good shape briefcase and covered the front and back with some pretty ocean looking paper.
  Both the images were colored with prismacolor pencils and cut out with Spellbinders dies. I glued the layered images down along with some seashells, charms and some seed beads. To do all the gluing I used a artis....t matte gel that works similar to modge podge only better. I used it because I ran out of modge podge and discovered that I  like it a lot better. The gel is a bit more expensive but it is easier to work with and dries a bit quicker and smoother than the modge podge....
   All for this am - worked last night so its time for some sleep now :)
      Take Care
         Tera





1 comment:

Shirley said...

You are so creative! I bet your craft friends are envious that you can create like this. Very pretty!