Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sweet Boy

 Photo: Digi coupon. Must enter 4 digis in shopping cart and then the coupon to get the fourth free. If ordering more and want to get 2 free (example: ordering 6 for 2 free, must make multiple orders)
(©Karen Middleton's 'Sunny Chick', colored in by design team member Jane)


 Hallo,
   Well my baby boy and my youngest turns 18 today - he graduates from High School in just over a month and next fall my house is going to be a very quiet place!!!
  I am very proud of my young man - not only is he smart and good looking (which he had no control over) but he is honest, hard working (for the most part - after all he is a teenager :) and he is strong both physically and mentally and has a good heart which he does have control of!!
  Happy Birthday Jack!!!!

   Well todays project is one of 2 baby gift boxes I finished off this morning - showing you the boy one today - naturally!!!
  I take a box - usually an old cigar box and cover it with scrapbook papers and also cover a 6 by 6 inch chipboard album with matching papers and then decorate it with stamps, ribbons and whatever I feel like and matches the 'theme'
  The main image on this box is from Sweet Pea Stamps - 'Mother and baby boy' by Conie Fong and is colored with prismacolor pencils. I colored her up 3 times - one for the box, one for the book and one for a matching card.
  I cut the main image and the next layer out with Spellbinders dies and the brown layer was cut from a craft core cardstock, embossed and sanded off. I edged the main layer with a gold metallic pen.
  I added a couple matching ribbons and some dots made with tulip fabric paint - and added a ribbon to the lid to make it easier to lift the lid.
  The papers are all denim looking and some browns and I edged them all with walnut stain ink.

  Be sure to stop by Sweet Pea Stamps as they have a great sale on digi's right now!!! Check it out here - www.sweetpeastamps.com
  And check out the Sweet Pea stamps challenge blog to win stamps - One Sweet Challenge - www.onesweetchallenge.blogspot.com
  And for even more chances to win free Sweet Peas - Sweet Pea Stampers - www.thesweetpeastampers.blogspot.co.uk

  All for me today - have some catching up to do in the craft room and on the computer and then a nap and then off to work for the night!!!
  Have a great day!!!
    Tera
  




No comments: