Friday, May 2, 2014

Steampunk Wedding

 Hallo,
   I finished off this wedding box and memory book combo yesterday evening and took pics of it when the sun finally came out this am - my crafting for today got derailed by a spectacular find at the thrift store this am - a beautiful cabinet for my front hallway - solid wood, not the cheep composite stuff and at an amazingly cheep price  too!!! (pics below :)
  Anyway about my crafty project - the main image is from Sweet Pea Stamps and is called "Romantic Moment' by Charity Dauenhauer. I printed it and colored up 3 images - one for the box, one for the memory book and one for the card. I used prismacolor pencils.
  I took the steampunk flavor of the image and decorated the box and book with steampunk papers - clocks and keys and vintage lace and some hardware from Tim Holtz - the key hole mainly - threaded some green and silver ribbon through the keyhole and added several charms - a key, a small clock, and a charm that says 'to love and cherish.
   I really like how this one turned out - liking the steampunk more and more lately!!
    All for today - a few chores to do and maybe I can get to the craft room tomorrow!!!
       Take Care
          Tera









No comments: