Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Runaway Graffitti - Sweet Pea Stamps Design team application



 Hallo,
   A very cold morning here in NW Florida - 18 degree low and the highs will only be about mid 20's - brrr.
  My pups still made me take a long walk though - so now I am warming my fingers with a cup of tea....
  I tried a couple new things with this 8 by 10 canvas over the last week or so - my idea was to make the background look like a wall full of graffiti......
   The main image I used is called 'Runaway Ruby' by Regan Kubecek from Sweet Pea Stamps and I colored her with prismacolor pencils and then cut her out  from her background.
  I had this cute die cut with the lamp post so thought she could be standing there waiting for the bus :) or just to rest.
  For the graffiti wall I layered first with a couple pieces from my other addictions - on the right is a piece of encaustic wax (painting using wax that you melt and paint  - in this case with a hot iron) and on the left is part of a zentanlgle I did with flowers and a brick wall background. Once I had these glued on and dry I added some white paint in streaks and a few splatters and then some smaller word graffiti....then I got stuck for awhile :) and spent some time looking up graffiti and then sosme more time deciding what word I wanted to use - decided on 'runaway' and then some more time (about 5 or 6 versions I think) drawing up how I wanted the word to look.
  When I had runaway drawn the way I wanted I copied it to the canvus and then painted it white - looked at it awhile longer....decided it needed a bit more so I decided to  tangle the 'runaway' too - thinkin maybe addin the red accents might have been too much but I like it anyway.4
   All in all - not my 'USUAL' type of project, but I had fun playing with it  :)
   Have a great day - I am off to lunch with some artsy type friends and then back to the craft room for to finish off a couple more projects :)
   Take Care
        Tera



No comments: