Sunday, January 4, 2015

Chalk experiment - Chalk-ah-lot

Hallo,
  I have a fun little project for you today - inspired by a challenge blog called 'Chalk-ah-lot café - you can find it here - http://www.chalk-ah-lot.blogspot.com/
  I hadn't done anything with chalks in a loooonnnggg time so when I saw this blog and that their challenge this time was 'Anything goes -with chalk' I decided to join in.
  I used a rubber stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps called 'Sea Turtle Kiss' by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff.
  I enlarged the image and then traced it onto a tray that I had covered with chalkboard paint.
  I then used a white paint pen to trace the lines and used chalk to color it in.
   The chalk was a challenge as I first tried artist chalk which didn't work that well, then some kids variety sidewalk chalk which also didn't work well and then last thing I had was some chalks from Stampin Up which I colored on with small pom pom's. I ended up doing 3 layers of chalk, using workable fixative in between each layer and again on top of the last layer. The chalk was just very light....
  I sealed the image with acrylic sealer and then added the twine and the seashells to make a pretty hanging.
   Below are some pics of things along the way....
   All for today - Take Care
          Tera







No comments: