Thursday, January 15, 2015

Mermaid gift box

 Hallo,
   Well its a rainy and cold winter day here in NW Florida - makes a good day for crafting but not so good for the pictures but wanted to show you my handiwork from yesterdays craft room fun!!!
  My pups made me talk a walk in the rain so I am now warming up in my jammies after a nice hot bath and have a cup of tea near at hand while I play on the computer for awhile :)
  This gift box was made from a box that my Mom saved for me - it is about 5 by 8 inches and has a great little drawer in it...perfect to decorate.
  I used pretty cardstock and then image is from Sweet Pea Stamps called 'Something in the way' by Maigan Lynn.
  I colored her with prismacolor pencils for all but the armbands which I did with a gold metallic pen - and then added some glitter. I added a touch of glitter to her eyes and a couple of the seashells too.
  I edged the image with gold metallic pen and then added a trim of small seed beads with some crystal lacquer.
  For the drawer pull I used 2 buttons - a pretty one for the front and a plainer one on the inside and a piece of twine. I used the same paper on the front of the drawer and the inside bottom of the box.
  All for today - need to finish up at least one project in my craft room before getting a nap(have to work tonight :)
   Take Care
      Tera



No comments: