Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Steampunk fairy

Hallo,
  Finally getting a bit of energy going here - sleep was not to be had this am....got home from work and took the pups for a short slow walk around the block (vet told me not to walk my big boy for 2 weeks after getting him fixed - ya right, day 2 and he is a wild man and I am not going to sedate him - 15 minutes nice and easy and he was fine)
  So I get to sleep and about an hour and 1/2 later the fence guy calls and wants to come do the estimate (and we really need to get the fence done - and at least I don't have to work tonight...)
  So get that done and am back in bed and my DD starts texting me and then calls and we are on the phone for a bit over a half hour - but thats ok cause we haven't had much time to talk lately as school is keeping her busy, and she leaves for 6 weeks in Germany the day after her last final, so I wont see her till the end of June - my hubby is flying up to drive her car home next week so he will get to see her before she goes.....
  So at that point I am in bed and lay the phone on my pillow and briefly thought about shutting my alarm off and was more than half asleep and didn't want to roll over :) - so when the alarm goes off at 230 pm, I try to shut it off and go back to sleep but both my pups have long since learned that the alarm means I should be getting up and they make sure  I get up  :)
  Ah well - stiff and sore anyhow so I did my stretches and walked up to check the mail and have been playing on the computer ever since.....should try and do some cleaning.....
   Well on to todays project - Another steampunk style box and this one I did with a matching chipboard book that could be used for pics or a mini journal.....
   I used an image from Sweet Pea Stamps called 'Steampunk Doll' by Meredith Dillman and colored her with prismacolor pencils, cut her out with a Spellbinders die and edged it with gold metallic pen. I also added some glitter here and there.
  I used one of my decorated sanddollar seashells that finished off lately , a metal compass charm with a flat backed pearl for the center and a corner piece made from a clay mold.
  The 'feet' of the box and the lid 'pull' (for lack of a better word) are old drawer pulls which look good with the steampunk theme.
   All for today - a quick update in my etsy shop and maybe a bit of much needed house cleaning!!!
       Take Care
          Tera




No comments: