Friday, May 15, 2015

Encaustic, image transfer, stencils - a bit of a mix, vintagey style


 
 
 
 
 
 

 Hallo,
   Had a great day in the studio today - finished putting together this frame while my wax melted so I could start other projects.
  The 2 wax pieces in this one  were done using several techniques - first about 5 layers of wax
- image transfer of image
- about 3/4 more layers of wax
- 2 more image transfers
- 4 more layers of wax
- stencil with red wax

 I really have been having a lot of fun playing with my wax and learning what I can do with it and there with  be a couple more framed pics coming soon as well as some photos of works in progress tomorrow.

The frame for these 2 pieces is a vintage style shadow box frame so I placed the pieces up on some flat pieces of wood behind them to make them 'float' and stand out a bit.
 I do plan for this to be in the Etsy shop in the next day or so - or if you are local to me then it is hanging in my space at HH Arts gallery here in FWB.
  All for today - Take Care
       Tera






No comments: