Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Steampunk Mermaid box

 Hallo,
   Well it has been a busy few weeks here - getting all the paperwork in order for my new job at the hospital on base (military security clearances and all the other usual Nursing stuff)
  The weather has been nice and cool in the morning so the pups have been getting long walks and I have managed to get a bunch of yard work done.
  Enjoying not having to work the weekends and spending a bit more time with the hubby.....
  Anyhow - not as much getting done in the craft room but I managed to finish this one off today.
    I altered a cigar box with all kinds of pretties and this AWESOME image from Sweet Pea Stamps artist Teresa Sherman called 'Steampunk Mermaid"
  I covered the sides and top with pretty, nautical steampunkish paper and edged them with copper metallic pen.
  I added an old drawer pull (spray painted black) as a handle to open the box and some other old drawer pulls for the 'feet' on the box.
  I lined the inside bottom with felt and the top of the lid with more paper and some bronze sticker embellishment from my stash.
  For the main image I colored her with prismacolor and polychrome pencils and edged her panel with copper metallic pen also.
  Then I went a bit nuts with pretties - the black corner piece was done with clay in a mold, a silver metallic flower, and in the opposite corner a metal compass piece with a small clay 'pearl' and a rhinestone. And the last pile of pretties is several 'gears' made from clay with a mold, a seashell decoupaged with a clock patterned paper, a metal gear, a metal turtle and lastly a blue ceramic divers helmut that came in the last box of 'red rose tea' that I opened.
  And as if that wasn't enough I had these cute little bottles and I wanted to use one so I added some gold beads inside it and tied it to the handle with a silver tie.
  Me thinks I couldn't have added another thing .......but I do like how it turned out!!!
   All for today - tons of other projects both house, yard and craft room to get working on....
     Take Care
           Tera





No comments: