Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Crosses


 Hallo,
   Well I have been busy as usual just keeping up with work and house and pups....but I have gotten a few things done.
  I had this idea in my head for a long time and finally got it done. At Hobby Lobby they have a whole row full of crosses of different sizes, shapes and colors and one time when I went in there they had them all on sale for 50% off - naturally I bought a bunch.
  I had this frame for a couple years  and decided to use it for the crosses. I had a piece of 1/4 inch thick wood cut to fit the frame and then did a crackle finish on it - with the base coat of turquoise showing through to match some of the crosses I chose.
  Next I glued on all the crosses and done. Easy project and very pretty - too bad I don't have anywhere to hang it in my house!!!
   So currently it is for sale at the ADSO Christmas market along with a couple of my rugs and smaller art pieces. HH Arts is also having a Christmas sale and I have a couple rugs and some more smaller pieces over there too. Lets hope some of my treasure find new homes because I am out of storage room.
  All for today - have 2 pumpkin pies in the oven ( after making 2 trips out at 7 am for the dehydrated milk I needed - first trip I came home with sweetened condensed milk.....ones of those things....).
  Took the pups for a walk while the pies were cooking, now to do my stretches and get ready for work.....
   Have a Great Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!
      Tera


No comments: